Pastel raindrops on a sunny day

woensdag 16 december 2015

10 things, 1 life⎜2015 edition


While the christmas songs are playing on the radio I wanted to take some time to look back on my life in 2015. It was definitely a year with ups and down, but most of all it was filled with lolita. 
Going from meet up to meet up and buying new items to add to my closet.



Not many people know what happend in Januari but today I wanted to share this with you. Since it's a big part of my life. After about 4 years of doubting I decided to get a breast reduction. It took me quite some time to think about it since it was going to be life changing. Right now, I'm almost fully recovered from the surgeries, yes, you read it right. There where more than one. And I'm more than happy with the decision that I've made back in 2014.

For the European community this was the biggest event of the year. People traveled from all over the world to attend the La vie en Rose event in Paris, organized by Street Fashion Europe. 
I traveld all the way from Belgium to Paris as well to attend this amazing event. It was my first time that I went to their events so I was super excited. I'm still looking back at the photo's with the biggest smile on my face. I can't wait to see what next year will bring in Amsterdam! 


When I attended the La vie en Rose event in Paris I wanted to make a video about it as well. It was a lot harder than I expected and I needed to retake so many shots of me talking to my little camera. But I wanted to practice more for my youtube channel which is now a big part of my life. I'm having so much fun with editing and filming that I can't wait to upload some new video's every now and then. Looking back at this video and how things are going now I think I've grown a bit already. 


Since I wear mori fashion as well I attended the first mori meeting from the Dutch community this year. We traveled from Belgium to Utrecht which is located in The Netherlands to be a part of this special moment. It was one of the relaxed meetings I ever attended besides the BJD meeting many years ago. Sitting in the mall to eat a bit and afterwards playing card games outside. This was just wonderful. Right now the dutch community is pretty quite which is really sad. But I hope things will live up again around spring time. 


Japantag, this event is my yearly goal. But unlike the other years I had the best time ever, even though the weather wasn't that great. I've met some of the most amazing cosplayers, I asked strangers for photo's and I went to the German lolita meet up that day where I met some lovely new friends. But I also teamed up with some of my older friends to discover the wonders of Japantag together. I'm so happy that I was able to see them that day since most of them I only see online of once a year at an international meet up. So seeing them once again in Dusseldorf is every better!


The event in Hamburg was both the biggest moment in my lolita life as well as a total disaster event whise. That weekend my husband and I traveled with Josine, a dutch lolita to Hamburg, Germany for the Grand Lolita Tea Party organized by Anime Matsuri. The event itself was a flop but the people I've met there where amazing. That weekend I finely met some of the UK lolita's as wel as many German lolita's. I even talked to girls I had seen before but never had the curage to talk to them. The reason why this event made it to my list is because of the fact that I've met Aya from Victorian Maiden. I still can't believe this actually happend! 


Dream dresses make every year a lot better don't you think? This year I was able to find the Milky Planter halter JSK set in sax, which I'm super happy about. But the most excited piece of this year is the Alice and the Pirates Drosselmeyer Clara JSK in green. The dress has been on my wishlist for quite some time and I never found it in this specific cut and colorway. Luckily a friend of mine was thinking about selling her so she contacted me first if I was interested. The other dresses are gorgeous as well, I managed to buy two release dresses straight from the store with the help of a shopping service. This year was my first time using a shopping service so that makes is also very special but also very addicting if you know what I mean. 


2015 was also the year that we had an official vacation again, unlike other years. We decided to fly to Oslo, Norway to visit our friends. It was over a year since we've seen them so I was super excited to see them again. In a couple of days they will come to our place to spend their vacation together. Oslo is such a magical place and super vegan friendly. I ate the delicious foods and visited all of their vegan restaurants multiple times during our stay there. I definitely want to go back one day but I don't know when. 


In September 2014, Saltje and I started with our first year of dance classes. When we found out that they where going to start with an adult class for ballet we both jumped right on it. In our first year we also attended the open day of our dance school at the end of our school year, where we did a ballet routine on No, je ne regrette rien from Edith Piaf and also a contemporary piece. This was such a huge experience and we learned a lot from that day. We are still going to dance class together and we even have an other lolita friend of ours that joined us in our friday class. Dancing lolita's for the win!


Most of my friends I only speak online, see them once or two times a year or live on the other side of the world. But they all have a special place in my heart, I can't wait to see them again next year or the year after. Friends are the best things that happen in your life so you should treasure them. I've very grateful that I have to opportunity to call these people my friends. Thank you so much for everything, without you I wouldn't be the person that I am now. 


2 reacties:

  1. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Lovely post, sounds like you had an interesting, busy 2015! I'm really glad we met this year and I'm looking forward to re-meeting in Amsterdam! Wish you a happy new year and all the best :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.

© Poppy Noir ♥ Kathleen, AllRightsReserved.