Pastel raindrops on a sunny day

dinsdag 26 augustus 2014

Old school! Say what?


Today in Frills for all the one and only Old School Lolita style. Last week a friend told me that she didn't feel comfortable with her own style. She doesn't wear wigs, make up or uses a lot of accessories. What this all about? Let's take a look on this type of lolita.

Lately I've seen a lot of girls toning down their outfits, OTT is still a big thing within the community. But for the majority of the time they also want to go back to the roots of where lolita started or go back to the foundation of where lolita is based on. Which is victorian clothing, think about princesses and Marie Antoinette having fancy dance party's with beautiful detailed clothing.

Prints are not really a must anymore, classic and toned down colors are now a big trend. Still this isn't really old school. When you think of old school the first thing that pops up in your head is the rectangle headdresses that everyone used to wear back in the early times of lolita fashion. Also knee high socks with ruffles and rocking horse shoes or even the platform shoes. Pair this with a solid colored dress with lots of lace details or the old fashioned tartan fabric and you have your first old school outfit ready.

If you ask me what makes a lolita outfit old school, I will tell you that you need to stick with the basic styles and their rules. Yehaa here we go again, the rules.. I hear you yawn, I get it.. But for old school lolita it's important to follow these rules since they where mandatory for the whole look. These days the rules are bended to have your own unique style which is wonderful but not like it used be. 

I found some inspiration in my Kera magazine that I wanted to share with you I hope it will inspire you to come up with your own coord!



0 reacties:

Een reactie posten

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.

© Poppy Noir ♥ Kathleen, AllRightsReserved.