Pastel raindrops on a sunny day

zaterdag 3 september 2016

Desserts a la carte ⎜Berlin Travels

Our last day together with Vanilla Bear was there but what are we going to do? It is Sunday and all shops are closed, yesterday we made some plans for a lunch date but that was it. There where no real plans afterwards. 

We wanted to go to a coffee bar at first but this place was closed as well, luckily I had a very special place on my list of shops that I wanted to visit on my stay in Berlin. It was OhLala, an all vegan dessert shop! Besides the desserts they also had some normal savory dishes on the menu and those where vegan as well. 




This was one of the reasons why I wanted to visit Berlin so badly, there are so many vegan restaurants in this city. It's unbelievable how much there is! We went to OhLala and waited for Vanilla Bear to arrive so we could order our foods. I went for a crepe with homemade nutella and vegan whipped cream, a "Haute Couture" dessert which was heavenly and a soy latte. 

As a vegan you don't get to eat desserts like this very often, it was rich, creamy and airy at the same time. With the right amount of sweetness and sour touch from the glacing. Best dessert I ever had in my life!  It was funny to see that both me and Vanilla Bear where filming our food so we had some footage for our youtube video. I bet that the customers in the store thought we where pretty weird when we are filming hihi. 



After our dessert it was time for some sightseeing, since there wasn't much going on in Berlin on a Sunday we found a hidden gem. It is the flea market at Mauer park, I didn't know where to look first. People where singing or playing the guitar, some where having a bbq or a picknick and this was all before we entered the flea market. The atmosphere felt a bit like a hipster festival with lots of young adults. 


The flea market itself was impressive as well, this was inside a wooden fence for most of the part. We entered the market through the main entrance which was decorated like a summer camp. You know those typical summer camp signs with wooden poles and a banner on top? This market had the same entrance, I found this so cool! Besides lolita fashion I really like hippy/hipster like fashion although I don't wear it I can definitely appreciate it, especially their view on life is quit interesting. It is really laid back and with respect for all living things. But enough of this lets move on with the market itself. 

When you enter the market you get overwhelmed by all the stalls, this is one huge market. Featuring small independent artists and creators as well as some antiques sellers with items going from clothes to diner tables and beds. I found some really awesome accessories but I didn't bought anything since I was doubting if I was able to use it. I did bought some cute socks and almost bought some loli-able collars those that you can wear on top of a t-shirt to have a peter pan collar. But the price was pretty high for the quality, so I passed on those ones. 

Sadly enough I didn't made any photo's at this market which is a shame, since there was so much to see and to eat as well. They even had a whole section for typical german foods and at the other end of the market there where more food trucks, even one with some vegan dishes. We spend most of the afternoon strolling around this markt, looking at all the artists with their awesome clothing, bag and jewelry designs. 


But it was time to grab some dinner and head back to our hotel. We went back to the pizza/pasta place where we went on the first day, though this time I went for a pizza. One without cheese please so it's vegan! I'm a bit bummed that I don't have the name of this restaurant anymore cause I highly recommend it, the price is super cheap and the dishes are amazing! 

After dinner we headed back to the airbnb of Vanilla Bear so she could grab some items that wouldn't fit into her suitcase. She asked me if I wanted to send it to her in America when I was in Belgium since this would be the cheapest option. So all packed with her stuff it was time to say goodbye! 
Our time together was amazing, it was like we where close friends way before we actually met on the first day. It is sad that I wont see her again till I go to America or when she comes to Belgium or closer to Europe. But I do have the memories of the three days with her which is also very special to me. 


Being a part of lolita fashion gives you the opportunity to make friends from all over the world. Though I think for the Europe community it is a lot easier to make friends overseas since it is easier to travel between the countries without any troubles. Do you have any friends overseas? Please let me know I would love to hear your stories as well.
See you next time, 
Love Poppy xx

1 reacties:

  1. I loved reading all your Berlin blog posts <3 I also feel like we had an instant connection when we met, which is such a magical part of online friendships!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.

© Poppy Noir ♥ Kathleen, AllRightsReserved.