Pastel raindrops on a sunny day

zaterdag 20 mei 2017

Madillustration, Patisserie brooch line review

It's been some time when I first heard about Madillustration. She is a traditional artist that finds her inspiration in lolita fashion. Her work is unique and very detailed. But when I first saw her work I fell in love with her style of art and started to follow her. 

About 6 weeks ago Madeleine from Madillustration posted her full Patisserie collection on instagram with the message that she was going to make some of the designs into brooches. This was my moment to stalk her page even more for more information cause this way I was able to buy some artist brooches from an artist I really admire. And I wasn't planning on missing out on the sale for these awesome brooch designs!
The full collection which is available for prints.

The brooch collection, one week before the release on the 5th of may.

The moment when I saw the final collection of the selected brooches it was really hard to pick my favourite ones. Cause aren't they all adorable and deliciously looking? The price for each brooch was £14,95 which is around 18 euro. The brooches would be limited to 10 pieces of each design so I was really scared that I would miss out on these brooches because I had no idea how populair they would be.

She opened her webshop at 11:59 on the 5th of may and I was ready to order my brooches. In the end I went for 2 items, can you guess which ones? I picked the doughnut to go with most of my cookie themed dresses and of course my melty cream doughnut dress and for the Madeleines Patisserie logo which goes great with any classical themed dress as well some of my sweet dresses. 


I placed my order as soon as the webshop opened and I was aware that the brooches would take some time to get to me. Since Madeleine was going on a little trip to Ireland for a couple of days. So that means she wasn't able to ship out the packages. On Monday the 14th I received my shipping notice with tracking information. For the international shipping I paid £4,95 which is around 6 euro and the package took 4 days to get from the UK to my place. I was really excited to get the note in my postbox that I could pick up my package at the post office the day after since I wasn't at home when they came.

The brooches where wrapped in a brown bubble envelope with a cute little sticker of Madillustration on the back. This was a nice detail and gives you the feeling that the items where packed with love and lots of care. Inside the envelope the brooches where packed in its own little plastic bag with tiny iridescent hearts and gold star flakes. Isn't that adorable and magical at the same time? 



In a little paper bag I found a personal note from Madeleine, a coupon for my next order and the same sticker she used on the outside envelope. These little things make you smile non the less. Even if it was only the little note I would happy as well with it. By adding these little details you really get the feeling that she loves what she does and that she is happy with the fact that you love her work too. 



When I took the brooches out I was amazed by the details on it. Most of the brooches I own have either a glossy finish or a matt finish. But this doughnut brooch has the best of both worlds I tell you! The glaze is shiny and super glossy while the dough is rather matt, isn't that cool? When it comes to the size they aren't much bigger than the ones I already own. Though they are lighter in weight than some of the ones I own. For the backing she used a pin which is sturdy and nicely glued on with no residu of the glue what so ever. Very professional looking I must say!




Overall I'm in love with my two brooches and I already tried to make some coords with them as well. The doughnut one goes perfect with my Melty cream doughnut dress as well as my Wonder cookie dress. I have no bad thing to say about these brooches or Madillustration. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes on her instagram for future designs!  

If you want a brooch for yourself there are still some available on her webshop! They are definitely worth the price and super cute. Sadly enough not every design is available anymore but the ones I picked are still there. 



Where to find Madillustration:

6 reacties:

  1. They are pretty. You can never have too many brooches.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I couldn't agree more! ❤️

      Verwijderen
    2. I decided to go for strawberrytart, it is red and red tends to dominant in my wardrobe anyway. If the sourdough bread gonna be released, I would grap it too.

      Verwijderen
  2. Damn, I feel so tempted to buy the patisserie logo one now - even though I have no clue what would I wear it with! :P

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I feel you! But I think the patisserie logo goes great with almost anything because of the natural colors.

      Verwijderen
  3. I have some of Madillustration's rosette brooches, so I haven't got the patisserie brooches yet...but I've seen that many reviews that I feel like I need one now, they're beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.

© Poppy Noir ♥ Kathleen, AllRightsReserved.